Updated: June 17, 2020 9:03:25 am
The greatest names in South African cricket will return to the sphere for an exhibition match in Centurion on June 27, with one attention-grabbing rider – three groups will play in one 36-over match in a never-before-seen format.
AB de Villiers, Quinton de Kock and Kagiso Rabada will lead the three groups in the primary ever ‘3TC (three-team cricket) match’. Billed as ‘the latest evolution in short-form cricket’, the new format may have a novel algorithm in locations.
An official announcement on the match from Cricket South Africa is anticipated on Wednesday, however here’s what is thought to date:
The best cricketers from South Africa will likely be a part of the match, titled the ‘Solidarity Cup’. The match will likely be a fundraiser, with the proceeds going to these from the cricket neighborhood who’re enduring hardship as a result of Covid-19 pandemic.
KG’s Kingfishers: Kagiso Rabada (c), Faf du Plessis, Chris Morris, Tabraiz Shamsi, Reeza Hendricks, Janneman Malan, Heinrich Klaasen, Glenton Stuurman
Quinny’s Kites: Quinton de Kock (c), David Miller, Temba Bavuma, Anrich Nortje, Dwayne Pretorius, Beuran Hendricks, JJ Smuts, Lutho Sipamla
AB’s Eagles: AB de Villiers (c), Aiden Markram, Lungi Ngidi, Andile, Phehlukwayo, Rassie van der Dussen, Junior Dala, Kyle Verreynne, Sisanda Magala
– A 3TC match is contested between 3 groups of eight gamers every. The match is performed over 36 overs in two halves of 18 overs with a break at halftime.
– Teams bat for one innings of 12 overs, cut up between two 6-over durations. They face one opponent in the primary half and the opposite opponent in the second half.
– In the primary half, groups rotate from batting to bowling to the dugout with the beginning positions decided by a draw. In the second half, groups bat in order of the best scores in the primary half. If scores are tied, the primary half order is reversed.
– After the autumn of the seventh wicket, the final batsman stands alone. However, he can solely rating in even numbers of runs. If the seventh wicket falls in the primary half, the group forfeits the remaining a part of that half and the final batsman resumes the innings in the second half.
– Each bowling group has the usage of one new ball for his or her full 12 overs which is used for each opponents. A most of three overs per bowler is allowed. An uncompleted over as a result of fall of the seventh wicket is deemed to be accomplished with dot balls.
– Most runs wins Gold, second Silver and third Bronze. If 2 groups tie with most runs, tremendous overs resolve Gold; if all 3 groups tie, all get Gold; and, in a tie for second, Silver is shared.
— Cricket South Africa (@OfficialCSA) June 14, 2020
CSA’s chief medical officer, Dr Shuaib Manjra had mentioned a strict Covid-19 protocol will likely be in place for the match.
“First of all it will be an empty stadium, we’re looking at the minimum number of people being there for the event to happen and be broadcast, which is about 200. The players will get in three days before and be kept in a sanitised eco-system… In the stadium, everyone will wear masks and doors will be kept open along with other safety measures.”
When and Where
The match will likely be held on the SuperSport Park in Centurion on 27 June at 2:30 pm IST.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and keep up to date with the most recent headlines
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd