Pakistan Super League 2020: Suspended Umar Akmal asked to return payment – cricket

Pakistan batsman Umar Akmal, who has been suspended pending an anti-corruption investigation for failing to report a spot-fixing method, has been advised to return the payment cheque he obtained prior to the beginning of the Pakistan Super League. According to official sources, Umar, like all different gamers within the league, was paid 70 per cent of his whole contract quantity for representing Quetta Gladiators within the PSL.

Also Read: ‘If it is four-days…’: Anil Kumble makes stand clear on proposed four-day Tests

“He has now been asked to return the amount to the Pakistan Cricket Board as he stands suspended from the PSL and all other cricket activities until the inquiry is completed,” one supply mentioned.

The supply mentioned as per guidelines, all native gamers collaborating within the PSL in addition to overseas gamers have been paid 70 per cent of their contract quantities and remaining 30 % will probably be paid quickly after the completion of the league on 22nd March.

“The cheques are sent directly by the PCB which guarantees payment of all players on schedule and later they adjust amount from the franchises shares,” the supply added.

Also Read: ‘He was fearless’: McGrath picks tougher opponent between Tendulkar and Lara

“The PCB handles the distribution of contract money to players directly to avoid any delays and problems as are visible in other leagues where players have got payments even after a year’s delay.”

Umar, who has denied all the fees in opposition to him together with assembly with a bookmaker, not reporting a proposal and allegedly agreeing to spot-repair a match of the PSL, is but to get a cost-sheet from the Anti-Corruption Unit of the PCB.

A supply shut to Umar mentioned he has employed a prime-notch lawyer to supervise your complete course of which can begin as soon as the PCB formally cost-sheets him.

Also Read: ‘Can’t have different parameters’ – Kapil Dev on Dhoni playing T20I World Cup

“Umar is adamant he has done nothing wrong and that he never agreed to spot-fix any match or even got any spot-fixing offer from any bookmaker,” the supply mentioned.

All-rounder Anwar Ali later changed Umar within the Quetta Gladiators franchise which at current leads the factors desk within the PSL with three wins in 4 matches.

Source by [author_name]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *